75+ artists and friends were in attendance for The Art Connection’s 5th annual Artist BBQ on July 15th, 2010. Beautiful weather allowed for a wonderful outdoor BBQ enjoyed by all!
We enjoyed the culinary artistry of grillmaster Jim and grillmaster-in-training Sylvia, great food (mmm… cheese ring bologna and delicious develied eggs), Marian and JB’s beautiful home, and a fun award ceremony with recognition given in the following 10 categories:
1. The “Strange but True” Award for the artist with the strangest artwork title.
Gabrielle Rossmer: Two Arms, A Leg, A Club & A Snake
Runner Up: Rob Rovenolt: Model for a Temple of Dynamic Symmetry
(yes, both works have found homes!)
2. The “Attention to Detail” Award for the artist who used the most detailed description of her art medium that is difficult to fit on one plaque
Prilla Smith Brackett: Gouache, acrylic, pastel, oil pastel, graphite and collaged paper on paper
3. The “Just Off the Boat Award” for the newest artist to join The Art Connection
Beverly Sky: May 2010
4. The “I traveled all the way to Boston and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt” Award for the artist who traveled the farthest to attend our BBQ
David Kupferman (1252 miles)
5. The “Rolled Out of Bed” Award for the artists who didn’t travel at all to attend our BBQ.
Marian and JB – thanks for hosting us in your beautiful backyard!
6. The “Next Generation” Award for the artists who use digital technology in their art.
Martha Jane Bradford and Steve Klarer
7. The “We Love You THIS Much” Award for the artist who has donated the LARGEST work.
JoAnn Rothschild: 92″x148″ to Malden Senior Community Center (13,616 sq inches!)
8. The “Size Doesn’t Matter” Award for the smallest guest to ever attend an Art Connection BBQ.
9. The “Play with Your Food” Award for the artist who applied his/her condiments on their hamburger surface in the most painterly way.
10. The “Mmmâ€¦ Cheese Ring Bologna” Award for the Artist who is the biggest advocate of the Cheese Ring Bologna
Ken Beck (in abstentia – we know how much he loves his cheese ring bologna, though Bella might have enjoyed it too)
We hope to see everyone again next year!
Wanna see more pics of the event? Click here.