Eligibility of Recipients
- Organizations or programs working to create, sustain, or grow an art donation program
- Have a board of directors and a 501(c) (3) status*
- Located anywhere outside of the Greater Boston Area
* If your status is pending, please include a fiscal agency agreement. International agencies should provide an equivalent proof of NGO status.
To learn more about the mission of the Fay Slover Fund at The Boston Foundation and about potential expansion models the fund supports please visit our Expansion program homepage.
Fay Slover Fund Grant Priorities
Funding amounts will be awarded based on key indicators of success:
- A demonstrated ability to acquire significant support from sources other than the Fay Slover Fund at The Boston Foundation
- Sustainability beyond our funding period
- Previous grantees who have demonstrated progress appropriate to the amount of funding they received in past years
- Previous grantees who have demonstrated decreasing reliance on FSF funding, as evidenced by grant representing a smaller percentage of budget and/or requesting less than the largest grant size
Current Expansion Sites
As of June, 2015 we have helped launch 12 art placement programs around the United States and in South Africa.
Please learn more about our current Expansion Sites:
- The Art Connection in the Capital Region, serving the DC-Metro Area and collaborating with Baltimore’s Maryland Institute College of Art
- Art Connects New York, placing art in all five boroughs of New York City
- The Art Connection-Rhode Island, based in Providence and serving the state of Rhode Island
- Artist Proof Studio in Johannesburg, South Africa. Our first international expansion site.
- Art Connects New Hampshire, a partnership between the New Hampshire Institute of Art and the New Hampshire Art Association
- Free Arts Minnesota‘s Youth Art Portfolio, Minneapolis
- The Photography and Literacy Project of Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York
- Healing Photo Arts, located in St. Louis, Missouri and Florence, Italy
- Catamount Arts in St. Johnsbury, Vermont
- Path with Art in Seattle, Washington
- LexArts in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Flower City Art Center in Rochester, NY.
- Teens Reimagining Art, Community, Environment (TRACE)’s Community Curation Program, a collaboration between The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and the Chicago Park District
Past Expansion Sites :
- Art Connection Hampton Roads, a partnership between Old Dominion University and Tidewater Arts Outreach in Norfolk, Virginia
- The Montserrat College of Art Art Connection in Beverly, MA (2010-2013, private funding. 2013-2014, Fay Slover Fund)
- New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks!‘s Art2Heart program in New Bedford, Massachusetts (2011-2014)
- Art-Reach Philadelphia’s Art Connection (2011-2013)
- Art Connects Los Angeles (one year program, active before Fay Slover Fund)